Part Time Day
Course Start Date
20.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Make-Up qualifies you as a professional make-up artist. Learn advanced make-up and cosmetic techniques to create a range of looks and prime yourself for a boost to your freelance or retail career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course-work, you will learn to:
- Apply make-up and airbrushed make-up for a variety of different aesthetics and situations
- Collaborate with industry professionals in a production setting
- Use advanced application techniques
- Essential small business skills to start your own business
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and skills needed to get ahead in this field:
- Communication skills to connect with your clients and other industry professionals
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Problem-solving strategies to meet client expectations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course equips you with:
- Professional skills to work effectively as a freelance make-up artist or as part of a retail brand
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Freelance or retail make-up artist
- Retail cosmetic assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Add to your suite of beauty skills with continued study options.
Expand your skills base:
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
Rise to the top of your game:
- Certificate IV Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services)
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
Retail cosmetics assistants are in demand to service growing and ageing populations seeking healthy-ageing products with a growing demand for natural or certified organic ingredients.
This course will help you to launch yourself as a freelancer or prepare you to work in retail settings.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time day, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 20.6 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 18 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 13.6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including online revision, private study, assessment preparation and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have good communication skills and like the personal service area.
- love working with people and helping them achieve their goals
- are patient and tactful
- have good communication skills and love making people feel and look good
- are good at practical tasks and have good hand-eye coordination
- are team players and hard workers
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- Disabilities Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
- Multicultural Student Support
- Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Additional Support Services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday from 8.30am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
A kit for home study and practice at a total cost of $210, which consists of:
- Brush Kit $100.00
- Uniform $50.00
- Online e-book $60.00
- Airbrush Machine $600.00
- Make-up Kit $350.00 (Optional)
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBMUP005||Apply airbrushed make-up|
|SHBBMUP006||Design and apply creative make-up|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBBMUP007||Work collaboratively on make-up productions|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
70 Widderson Street, Port Macquarie
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure