Part Time Day
Course Start Date
03 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work as beauty therapists to provide a range of beauty therapy treatments and services, including lash and brow treatments, nail services, make-up, massage and waxing. They communicate with clients to recommend treatments and services and sell retail skin care and cosmetic products.
These individuals undertake work independently, with limited guidance from others, to perform routine and non-routine activities and solve non-routine problems. They apply and adapt technical skills and knowledge, and use judgment in the provision of beauty treatments and services. These individuals are responsible for their own outputs and provide limited guidance to others.
Work is typically conducted in beauty salons and spas.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday 22 January 2020
Time: 10.00am to 06.00pm
Location: Ultimo campus, 827-837 George St, Haymarket. Level 4, Marcus Clark Building. Please meet in reception area.
This is a full-time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 7.5 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 72 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including non-facilitated/undirected learning. This includes learning the student may undertake for revison of content, research and preparations of assessments. Unstructed learning for this qualification comprises of: Industry training, online revisions, private study and assignment preparation. To deepen knowledge of topics and concepts in this course learners are encouraged to revise content and carry out research activities using the internet and/or library. (independent study, research, practice and assignments)
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as a beauty therapist/apprentice to provide a broad range of beauty therapy treatments and services. This includes consultation with clients to provide beauty advice, recommend beauty treatments and services, and sell retail skin-care and cosmetic products. The course is suitable school leavers, mature age or those wanting to have a career change as there are no prior work experience or prerequisites required to enrol into this course. Some participants may have completed a part qualification or skill set in Beauty and/or completed on the job experience and this will permit them to be applicable for recognition of prior learning. The learners with auto credit/RPL will then only be required to attend the face to face sessions of the units they are required to complete to gain the Diploma qualification. Some study may be undertaken by these learners off campus or self-directed. Allowance is made for the needs of particular groups (e.g. people with disabilities, and people who may have literacy or numeracy difficulties, such as speakers of languages other than English. Work is typically in beauty salons, waxing clinics, brow bars, nails salons and some hairdressing salons where these services are offered.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
This heading must always be used even if there is no additional lines to add.
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday 8:30am to 4:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
To study this course as a NSW apprentice or to check if you meet the non-apprentice requirements for NSW funding, please enquire now or call 131 601. For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?"**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
You are required to wear your industry uniform or a TAFE tshirt approx $40. You are required to provide manicure and pedicure tools and makeup brushes, you do have the option to purchase fuller kits direct from the maufacturers. TAFE NSW has the right and responsibility to make changes to course delivery, timetable and location only if it is in the best interests of all our students or if the advantages of the changes will outweigh any inconveniences (avoiding casual changes to the running of a course or its time, date, fees, or location)
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
Find out more: https://www.training.nsw.gov.au/apprenticeships_traineeships/index.html
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBBFAS002||Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations|
|SHBBBOS003||Provide body treatments|
|SHBBBOS002||Provide body massages|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBFAS003||Provide specialised facial treatments|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBINF001||Maintain infection control standards|
|SHBBNLS004||Apply nail art|
|SHBBSKS005||Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure