Part Time Day
Course Start Date
14 Jul 2021
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy refines and evolves the practical skills needed to work as a beauty therapist. Graduate with valuable industry experience to care for your clients from booking and treatment through to delivering quality aftercare and follow-up consultations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Apply spray tan
- Provide body massages and treatments
- Perform lash and brow treatments
- Complete facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- Implement waxing services
- Design and apply make-up
- Provide manicure and pedicure services
- Research and apply beauty industry information
- Apply safe hygiene, health, and work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Effective communication skills
- High levels of ethical discretion
- An aptitude for physical therapeutic work
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Beauty therapist
- Beauty business owner
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||10.00am to 11.00am||Gymea Campus, Cnr Hotham Road and the Kingsway, Gymea, Building A, Level 2. Please meet in reception area of Hair and Beauty|
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||3.00pm to 4.00pm||Gymea Campus, Cnr Hotham Road and the Kingsway, Gymea, Building A, Level 2. Please meet in reception area of Hair and Beauty|
This is a Part-Time Day, Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 7 hours of class, over 1 days a week, for 2 years.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including non-facilitated/undirected learning. This includes learning the student may undertake for revison of content, research and preparations of assessments. Unstructed learning for this qualification comprises of: online revisions, private study and assignment preparation. To deepen knowledge of topics and concepts in this course learners are encouraged to revise content and carry out research activities using the internet and/or library. (independent study, research, practice and assignments).
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are employed as an apprentice and looking to develop their practical skills and knowledge to work as a beauty therapist within the beauty industry. Some study may be undertaken by these learners off campus or self-directed, this may include assignment prep, look and learn approach or hands on experience in the workplace, product research and online tasks. Allowance is made for the needs of particular groups (e.g. people with disabilities, and people who may have literacy or numeracy difficulties, such as speakers of languages other than English.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
TAFE NSW has the responsibility to make changes to course delivery, timetable and location only if it is in the best interests of all our students or if the advantages of the changes will outweigh any inconveniences (avoiding casual changes to the running of a course or its time, date, fees, or location).
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
TAFE NSW offers Learner support may include foundation skills such as:
- English as a second language
- Computing skills
- Communication skills
Additional support that targets key areas includes support:
- At drop-in centres
- In small groups
- With a team team teacher
- As one-to-one tuition
- Via the internet
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- All learning materials are supplied to the students, students do have the option to purchase kits direct from the manufacturers this includes make up and manicure and pedicure kit.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBBFAS002||Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations|
|SHBBBOS003||Provide body treatments|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBBBOS002||Provide body massages|
|SHBBNLS004||Apply nail art|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBSKS005||Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments|
|SHBBINF001||Maintain infection control standards|
|SHBBFAS003||Provide specialised facial treatments|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Corner of Hotham Road & Kingsway, Gymea
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure