Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy refines and evolves the practical skills needed to work as a beauty therapist. Graduate with valuable industry experience to care for your clients from booking and treatment through to delivering quality aftercare and follow-up consultations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Apply spray tan
- Provide body massages and treatments
- Perform lash and brow treatments
- Complete facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- Implement waxing services
- Design and apply make-up
- Provide manicure and pedicure services
- Research and apply beauty industry information
- Apply safe hygiene, health, and work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Effective communication skills
- High levels of ethical discretion
- An aptitude for physical therapeutic work
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Beauty therapist
- Beauty business owner
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, face to face course. You must attend approximately 7 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 day a week for 2 years.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Australian Apprenticeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- All learning materials are supplied to the students, students do have the option to purchase kits direct from the manufacturers this includes make up and manicure and pedicure kit.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SHBBBOS001||Apply cosmetic tanning products|
|SHBBBOS002||Provide body massages|
|SHBBBOS003||Provide body treatments|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBBFAS002||Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBINF001||Maintain infection control standards|
|SHBBSKS005||Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments|
|SHBBFAS003||Provide specialised facial treatments|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBNLS004||Apply nail art|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22SUT-192 S:02 Jan 2022 E:31 Dec 2022 D:363