Part Time Day
Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Beauty Therapy qualifies you to become a professional beauty therapist. Strengthen your knowledge on a range of beauty disciplines and choose an area to specialise. Travel the world with transferable skills or use your knowledge to launch your own salon.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will refine your skills in:
- Recommending treatments and products to address specific concerns
- Providing transformational client experiences
- Body treatments and specialised facials
- Lash, brow and waxing services
- Designing and applying different make-up looks
- Manicure and pedicure services
- Working safely within salon policy frameworks and health practices
Choose a specialisation:
- Electrolysis/Diathermy - specialised hair reduction treatments
- Relaxation - reflexology, aromatic, stone and Indian head massage
- Spa - spa treatments and wellness
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
This course will help you develop your natural abilities to get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal skills to help clients feel comfortable and at ease
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- High levels of discretion and professional integrity
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
You will achieve a highly regarded Diploma and a portfolio of work to demonstrate your skills.
- Senior Beauty Therapist
- Beautician (Small Business)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further:
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
The beauty care industry is one of the fastest growing consumer markets in Australia and the number of beauty therapists is expected to grow very strongly with around 25,000 job openings over 5 years to 2025. There is also demand for beauty therapists to join other industries with cruise ships providing wonderful opportunities for travel, experience and growth.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 Time: 12.30pm Location: Wyong Campus, Building A, Level 1, Room 2 (A.1.02)
This is a Part time day blended course. You will need to attend approximately 23.7 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 11.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 12 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, practical skill development, private study and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is designed for people who:
- have good communication skills and like the personal service area.
- are a caring person
- lovs working with people and helping them achieve their goals
- are patient and tactful
- have good communication skills and love making people feel and look good
- are good at practical tasks and have good hand-eye co-ordination
- are a team player and hard working
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are a range of Support and Library services available to you, please contact TAFE NSW for more comprehensive information.
The following services are available for students in this course:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- Disabilities Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
- Multicultural Student Support
- Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Additional Support Services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday from 8.15am to 5.15pm and Wednesday 4.30pm to 8.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study: Students will be required to purchase a kit for home study and practice at a total cost of $460.00 which consist of; Online e-book, Dermalogica Kit, Brush Kit, Uniform Make-up Kit $350.00 (Optional) Essential Oil Kit $60.00 (Optional) Student must ensure that they wear appropriate clothing and covered footwear that meets industry standards.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Semester two starts July 2020. Enquire now to be notified when enrolments open.
To find out more information on this course including the next start date, submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page, or call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
*Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read your chosen course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee or Apprentice please call 131 601 for full details.
|SHBBNLS001||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SHBBRES001||Research and apply beauty industry information|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBBFAS001||Provide lash and brow services|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBHRS001||Provide waxing services|
|SHBBBOS002||Provide body massages|
|SHBBBOS003||Provide body treatments|
|SHBBFAS002||Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations|
|SHBBFAS003||Provide specialised facial treatments|
|SHBBSPA004||Provide Indian head massages for relaxation|
|SHBBBOS006||Provide superficial lymph massage treatments|
|SHBBBOS005||Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments|
|SHBBCCS001||Advise on beauty products and services|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply make-up for photography|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|SHBBSPA003||Provide stone therapy massages|
|SHBBINF001||Maintain infection control standards|
|SHBBBOS004||Provide aromatherapy massages|
|SHBBCCS002||Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBBSKS005||Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Porter Street, Wyong
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure