Course Start Date
18.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification reflects the role of skilled pharmacy assistants who use a range of well-developed service skills to identify and meet customer needs. They have sound knowledge of a broad range of pharmacy products and health care support services. Some pharmacy assistants may be involved in assisting with a limited range of dispensary activities.
They work with some independence, under limited supervision from others, but ultimately under the supervising pharmacist. They may provide technical advice and support to team members.
Pharmacy assistants must comply with federal, state or territory law and Pharmacy Board of Australia Guidelines for supplying scheduled medicines. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full-time day face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 18.5 hours of class, over 3 day a week, for 18 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including revision and study.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Undertake the Certificate III Community Pharmacy qualification to gain skills and knowledge about how to sell pharmacy products to an end consumer. Students may have already completed a Certificate II in Community Pharmacy or Retail qualification and are now increasing their qualifications gained. These students will be granted credit transfers for some units of competency and/or transferable skills and knowledge in the Certificate III in Community Pharmacy qualification. On successful completion of the Cert III in Community Pharmacy, learners can progress onto a Cert IV in Community Pharmacy Dispensary. These learners will be granted credit transfers for some units of competency and/or transferable skills and knowledge into the Certificate IV in Community Pharmacy Dispensary qualification.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Full Library and Support services
- Disability and learning support services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SIRCPPA009||Assist customers with allergy relief products|
|SIRCPPA010||Assist customers with analgesic and anti-inflammatory products|
|SIRCPPA005||Assist customers with cough and cold relief products|
|SIRCDIS001||Assist customers with prescriptions|
|SIRCPPA008||Assist customers with products for gastro-intestinal conditions|
|SIRCPPA006||Assist customers with skin and anti-fungal products|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|SIRCCCS002||Provide and promote services to pharmacy customers|
|SIRCIND002||Support the supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines|
|SIRCINF001||Use pharmacy practices for infection control|
|SIRCIND001||Work effectively in a community pharmacy|
|SIRCPPA002||Assist customers with eye and ear care products|
|SIRCPPA003||Assist customers with first aid products|
|SIRCPPA004||Assist customers with oral care products|
|SIRCPPA001||Assist customers with vitamins, minerals and supplements|
|SIRRRTF001||Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal|
|SIRXCEG003||Build customer relationships and loyalty|
|SIRXSLS002||Follow point-of-sale procedures|
|SIRXSLS001||Sell to the retail customer|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Montgomery Crescent, Taree
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure