Course Start Date
21.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Retail gives you the essential skills and knowledge you need for a career in retail. If you want to be a sales assistant, customer-service representative or retail supervisor, this course is an ideal pathway for employment and further study.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Build customer relationships and loyalty
- Work effectively in a team
- Work effectively in a service environment
- Identify and respond to security risks
- Contribute to workplace health and safety
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong customer-service skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate III level
- Strong pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Frontline sales assistant
- Customer service representative
- Shop assistant
- Retail supervisor
- Merchandise coordinator
- Sales supervisor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Retail Management
- Diploma of Visual Merchandising
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a Part Time Day course. You will need to attend approximately 12 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 9.6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours including, self-directed reading and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are currently unemployed,
- working and requiring the qualification for their position
- want to change industry and gain a qualification in the retail industry.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday and Friday from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SIRXCEG002||Assist with customer difficulties|
|SIRXCEG003||Build customer relationships and loyalty|
|SIRXWHS002||Contribute to workplace health and safety|
|SIRXCEG001||Engage the customer|
|SIRXRSK001||Identify and respond to security risks|
|SIRXSLS001||Sell to the retail customer|
|SIRXIND001||Work effectively in a service environment|
|SIRXCOM002||Work effectively in a team|
|SIRRRTF001||Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal|
|SIRXSLS002||Follow point-of-sale procedures|
|SIRRMER001||Produce visual merchandise displays|
|SIRRINV001||Receive and handle retail stock|
|SIRXMKT001||Support marketing and promotional activities|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
7 Clarence Street, Grafton
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure