Course Start Date
14 Oct 2022
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally acredited Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management allows you to combine your love of sport with skills in administration and management. Learn from industry professionals in realistic working simulations as your broaden your knowledge and develop new skills in coaching and management.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Undertake project work
- Mange finances
- Develop and review business plans
- Coordinate client services
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Teamworking skills
- The ability to make tough decision
- Leadership skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A pathway to managerial positions
- Competition manager
- Executive officer
- Facility or centre manager
- Program manager
- Volunteer coordinator
- Sports program officer
- Operations officer.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, combination course. You must attend approximately 7 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 1 years.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Friday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- a computer with internet access as some content is delivered online.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|UOS VSL-SIS50115-22SUT-004||UOS VSL-SIS50115||14 Oct 2022||06 Jan 2023||07 Nov 2022||$1,058.00|
|UOS VSL-SIS50115-23SUT-004||UOS VSL-SIS50115||09 Jan 2023||31 Mar 2023||06 Feb 2023||$1,058.00|
|UOS VSL-SIS50115-23SUT-005||UOS VSL-SIS50115||03 Apr 2023||30 Jun 2023||01 May 2023||$1,058.00|
|UOS VSL-SIS50115-23SUT-006||UOS VSL-SIS50115||03 Jul 2023||22 Sep 2023||07 Aug 2023||$1,056.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|AHCBUS506A||Develop and review a business plan|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBMKG523||Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|HLTWHS004||Manage work health and safety|
|SISXCCS002||Coordinate client service activities|
|SISXIND003||Maintain legal knowledge for organisation governance|
|SISXIND007||Develop and implement participation strategies|
|SISXMGT001||Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships|
|SISSSCO003||Meet participant coaching needs|
|SISSSCO005||Continuously improve coaching skills and knowledge|
|SISXDIS001||Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability|
|SISXHRM001||Recruit and manage volunteers|
|SISXIND006||Conduct sport, fitness or recreation events|
|SITXEVT505||Manage on-site event operations|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure