Part Time Day
Course Start Date
16 Jul 2021
4.7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally recognised Certificate I in Hospitality builds the skills and knowledge to work in such entry-level roles as a bar assistant, housekeeping assistant or kitchen hand. Build a career in the service industry and learn the foundational skills to take your passions to the next level.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work safely in a food area
- Provide great customer service
- Work in a team
- Identify and report simple issues
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong communication in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to multi-task
- Time management
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A commitment to providing great customer service
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Strong pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Kitchen hand
- Bar useful
- Glass runner
- Food runner
- Housekeeping assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time day, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 3.8 hours of class, over 1 day a week, 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 1.3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including class preparation and independent research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are looking for work in a cafe or small hospitality organisation or would like to enhance their ability to prepare food and learn about basic kitchen hygiene and safety.
- must be able to participate in a range of routine and predictable hospitality work activities, however, they will work under close supervision and will be given clear directions to complete tasks.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Library services on campus, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED
This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITXCCS001||Provide customer information and assistance|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHCCC003||Prepare and present sandwiches|
|SITHKOP001||Clean kitchen premises and equipment|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Cudgen Road, Kingscliff
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure