Course Start Date
10 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Tourism is your launchpad to an exciting career in a dynamic and diverse sector. Provide great customer service to help others have the adventure of their dreams as a booking agent, tour coordinator or reservation agent, among other jobs.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Work effectively in the tourism industry
- Provide great customer service
- Research and interpret information to support sales
- Apply practical skills to succeed in contemporary tourism settings
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Good communication skills
- A friendly approach and enjoyment of helping others
- Efficient problem-solving ability
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong foundation to start your career in the tourism industry
- Adventure tourism guide
- Booking agent
- Customer service agent
- Inbound tour coordinator
- Museum attendant
- Reservation sales agent
- Visitor information officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
driver of the Australian economy. Tourism is a $100 billion industry (total revenue for the last financial year) and accounts for 10% of Australias exports. There is an estimated shortage of 38,000 workers in this sector.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self-paced, online course. You must attend approximately 10 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
This course will run for 18 months.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- require the skills and knowledge to work effectively in the travel and tourism industry to meet the specific requirements of industry and employers.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- teacher support is availlable by phone, Email and Teams, Monday - Friday
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- access to a computer and the internet
- recording equipment such as a camera or smart phone
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITTGDE007||Research and share general information on Australian Indigenous cultures|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITXCOM004||Address protocol requirements|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITTTSL009||Process travel-related documentation|
|SITTTSL004||Provide advice on Australian destinations|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITTTSL008||Book supplier products and services|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-121 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Dec 2023 D:547