Course Start Date
01 Jul 2022
8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Events is your ticket to working in the growing events, tourism and hospitality industry. You will learn all aspects of event coordination and gain the essential practical skills for producing and running successful weddings, business events and more.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Process and monitor event registrations
- Event set-up, operations and breakdown
- Show social and cultural sensitivity in event contexts
- Practice safe work techniques
- Meet regulatory requirements
- Source and apply events industry knowledge
- Coordinate onsite event registrations
- Provide event staging support
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes to help you get ahead:
- Excellent communication
- Organisation and efficiency
- Administrative skills
- Calmness under pressure
- The drive to work in a team and with new people
- Flexibility and adaptiveness
- A positive attitude and can-do approach to new challenges
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway towards further study
- Conference assistant
- Event or exhibition administrative assistant
- Event or exhibition assistant
- Event or exhibition operations assistant
- Functions assistant
- In-house meetings assistant
- Junior event or exhibition coordinator
- Logistics assistant
- Meetings assistant
- Venue assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Statement of Attainment in Social Media for Tourism and Events
- Diploma of Event Management
- Advanced Diploma of Event Management
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced, online course. You must attend approximately 8 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 9 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run for 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are employed as trainees
- require the skills and knowledge to work effectively in the events industry, providing event registration and event staging.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- teacher support is available by phone, Email and Skype Monday to Friday
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
Australian Traineeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- If you wish to receive a RSA Competency Card (elective SITHFAB002), an additional fee of $87 is payable.
This fee, charged by Liquor and Gaming NSW, is required before any certificates can be issued.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITEEVT001||Source and use information on the events industry|
|SITEEVT002||Process and monitor event registrations|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITXCOM004||Address protocol requirements|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|SITEEVT003||Coordinate on-site event registrations|
|SITEEVT004||Provide event staging support|
|SITTTSL008||Book supplier products and services|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
TAFE Digital (Traineeship)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure