Course Start Date
15 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Hospitality gives you a solid foundation of operational skills to work in the fast-paced hospitality industry. This course will prepare you for a career as a function host, food and beverage attendant, barista or gaming attendant.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work effectively with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Practice serving skills
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Participate in safe work practices
- Deliver hospitality services in real and simulated environments
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effective communication
- Commitment to customer service excellence
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Responsible Service of Alcohol interim certificate
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Food and beverage attendant
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Caf attendant
- Senior bar attendant
- Guest service agent
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 9 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- require skills and knowledge to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- teacher support is availlable by phone, Email and Skype Monday to Friday
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
- if you require a RSA Competency Card or a FSS Certificate an additional cost is required
- RSA - $87 (unit SITHFAB002) is charged by Liquor and Gaming NSW
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate - $30 (units SITXFSA001 and SITXFSA002) is charged by the NSW Food Authority
These fees need to be paid before we can issue the certificates.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|BSBITU202||Create and use spreadsheets|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
Possible job titles include:
- espresso coffee machine operator
- food and beverage attendant
- front desk receptionist
- front office assistant
- function attendant
- function host
- gaming attendant
- guest service agent
- restaurant host
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-080 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364