Course Start Date
25 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Hospitality gives you a solid foundation of operational skills to work in the fast-paced hospitality industry. This course will prepare you for a career as a function host, food and beverage attendant, barista or gaming attendant.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work effectively with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Practice serving skills
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Participate in safe work practices
- Deliver hospitality services in real and simulated environments
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effective communication
- Commitment to customer service excellence
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Responsible Service of Alcohol interim certificate
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Food and beverage attendant
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Caf attendant
- Senior bar attendant
- Guest service agent
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 2 June 2021||3:30pm to 4:30pm||Join Information Session Here|
|Thursday, 24 June 2021||4:00pm to 5:00pm||Northern Beaches Campus, Building M, Pittwater Restaurant|
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 17 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3.2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are any Year 11 or 12 school leaver, new migrants, unemployed and people looking for Job ready skills to improve their job prospects or people who are making a career change into the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
- kick start your career in Hospitality. Be employed in one of Australias largest industries. The Hospitality sector provides graduates with a diverse range of employment opportunities in cafes, restaurants, hotels, bars, pubs and many more. You will gain Food & Beverage service skills, Barista skills and Bar skills making you JOB ready for immediate employment.
- study locally and work globally. Northern Beaches TAFE campus is one of NSW premier Hospitality schools. Our state-of-the-art facilities can launch your career in one of the worlds most exciting and largest industries. Our courses offer you real life work experience with 100% of our students gaining employment with one of our industry partners before they complete the course. Secure your place by applying now and you will be contacted by our customer service team.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 9:00am to 1:00pm, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00am to 4:00pm, Thursday from 3:00pm to 9:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
The course includes "Responsible Service of Alcohol" training. This is an additional cost of $87.00
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB001||Clean and tidy bar areas|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB014||Provide table service of food and beverage|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
Possible job titles include:
- espresso coffee machine operator
- food and beverage attendant
- front desk receptionist
- front office assistant
- function attendant
- function host
- gaming attendant
- guest service agent
- restaurant host
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
154 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure