Course Start Date
31 Jan 2022
21 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Hospitality gives you a solid foundation of operational skills to work in the fast-paced hospitality industry. This course will prepare you for a career as a function host, food and beverage attendant, barista or gaming attendant.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work effectively with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Practice serving skills
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Participate in safe work practices
- Deliver hospitality services in real and simulated environments
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effective communication
- Commitment to customer service excellence
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Responsible Service of Alcohol interim certificate
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Food and beverage attendant
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Caf attendant
- Senior bar attendant
- Guest service agent
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full-time, combination course. You must attend approximately 21 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 4 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with morning and day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Hospitality Uniform consisting of black tailored pants or skirt, long sleeved black shirt and enclosed shoes (approx. $90)
- Licensing Units: Provide responsible service of alcohol (RSA) - SITHFAB002 and Provide responsible gambling services (RCG)- SITHGAM001. If you undertake these electives, you will be issued with an interim RSA or RCG certificate on completion. The interim certificate licenses you to work in the industry immediately but is only valid for a short period until you obtain your competency card through Service NSW. There is no cost to collect your competency card as this is included in the mandatory Liquor and Gaming fees of $87 for RSA and $41 for RCG which must be paid at enrolment. It's important to note that while you can undertake these units to become job ready, you will not be able to serve or sell alcohol or providing gaming services until you are 18 years old.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB007||Serve food and beverage|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHGAM001||Provide responsible gambling services|
Possible job titles include:
- espresso coffee machine operator
- food and beverage attendant
- front desk receptionist
- front office assistant
- function attendant
- function host
- gaming attendant
- guest service agent
- restaurant host
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
The Horsley Drive, Wetherill Park
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure