Course Start Date
01 Feb 2022
15 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Catering Operations provides you with the foundational skills and knowledge needed to launch your career as a trained catering professional. Fine-tune your skills, prepare dishes under realistic condition and graduate ready to enter the industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Prepare and present simple dishes
- Maintain the quality of perishable items
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- Work effectively in a high-pressure environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Management skills
- Effective communication skills
- A collaborative teamwork spirit
- A passion for food and learning
- Problem-solving skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Catering assistant
- Food service assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Statement of Attainment in Food Safety Supervision
- Statement of Attainment in Hospitality (RSA, Food and Beverage and Barista)
- Statement of Attainment in Espresso Coffee Making Skills
- Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time on campus course. You must attend approximately 15 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 28 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday all day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Covered in non slip shoes
- Competency card an additional cost is required: - $87 SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITHCCC001||Use food preparation equipment|
|SITHCCC002||Prepare and present simple dishes|
|SITHCCC005||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery|
|SITHKOP001||Clean kitchen premises and equipment|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXINV002||Maintain the quality of perishable items|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHCCC006||Prepare appetisers and salads|
|SITHCCC007||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups|
|SITHCCC008||Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes|
|SITHCCC011||Use cookery skills effectively|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
27-33 Carleton Street, Cowra
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure