Course Start Date
12 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Patisserie equips you with the technical skills and knowledge you need to be a pastry chef or ptissier. Learn how to create a range of delectable desserts with this exciting TAFE NSW course and be part of a growing industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Develop an essential range of patisserie and kitchen operational skills
- Plan and create a variety of pastries, cakes and desserts
- Produce desserts
- Work as part of a busy and high-achieving team
- Coach and work effectively with others
- Adhere to and apply food safety standards
- Participate in work health and safety
- Use environmentally sustainable work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Team work and collaboration
- Effective communication
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Pastry chef
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career to the next level with these qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday 30 June 2021||11am to 1pm||Ultimo Campus, Building E, Level 4, Room E402|
This is a Part Time Day, Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 7 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 18 months. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 1 hour of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are apprentices working as a pastry chef/Patissier.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
Classes run between and vary from Mon-Fri, and may operate 1-2 days week depending on units offered. Class start times also vary and may run from 7:30-2pm OR 2pm-8:30pm. Your final timetable options will be provided from teaching section.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
In addition you are required to purchase uniform, tools and prescribed text for this course at a total cost of approximately $800. Uniform and tools are required from the first lesson and all practical classes. Further information is provided with your timetable.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHCCC001||Use food preparation equipment|
|SITHCCC011||Use cookery skills effectively|
|SITHPAT004||Produce yeast-based bakery products|
|SITHPAT005||Produce petits fours|
|SITHPAT002||Produce gateaux, torten and cakes|
|SITHCCC005||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITXINV002||Maintain the quality of perishable items|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITHKOP001||Clean kitchen premises and equipment|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITXINV001||Receive and store stock|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITHCCC018||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure