Course Start Date
13 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Embark on a global career with our nationally accredited Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism. Learn from seasoned travel professionals about how to create life-changing experiences for your clients in this exciting industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Build customer relationships
- Operate tours
- Construct airfares
- Interpret product information
- Market travel and tourism destinations
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication skills to connect with clients
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Patience and attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- National recognition as a qualified travel consultant
- Strong foundation for an exciting pathway to higher level qualifications
- Tourism marketing co-ordinator
- Call centre team leader
- Tourism marketing and product co-ordinator
- Senior retail consultant (tourism)
- Reservations sales
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your education adventure with further study:
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 9 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including independent study, research, practice and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- require the skills and knowledge to work effectively in the Travel and Tourism industry to meet the specific requirements of industry and employers
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
The following additional support is also available to you:
- teacher support is available by phone, Email and Teams. Monday to Friday.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
- If you require RSA competency card/FSS certificates an additional cost is required to be paid.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Interim Certificate - $87 (unit SITHFAB002) is charged by Liquor and Gaming NSW.
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate - $30 (units SITXFSA001 and SITXFSA002) is charged by the NSW Food Authority.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITTTSL010||Use a computerised reservations or operations system|
|SITTTSL016||Provide specialist advice on cruises|
|SITTTSL013||Construct promotional international airfares|
|SITTTSL012||Construct normal international airfares|
|SITXHRM006||Monitor staff performance|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMPR005||Participate in cooperative online marketing initiatives|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-076 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364