Course Start Date
15 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Embark on a global career with our nationally accredited Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism. Learn from seasoned travel professionals about how to create life-changing experiences for your clients in this exciting industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Build customer relationships
- Operate tours
- Construct airfares
- Interpret product information
- Market travel and tourism destinations
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication skills to connect with clients
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Patience and attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- National recognition as a qualified travel consultant
- Strong foundation for an exciting pathway to higher level qualifications
- Tourism marketing co-ordinator
- Call centre team leader
- Tourism marketing and product co-ordinator
- Senior retail consultant (tourism)
- Reservations sales
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your education adventure with further study:
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 9 December 2020||05:00pm to 07:00pm||Virtual sessions via Join Information Session Here|
|Wednesday, 20 January 2021||05:00pm to 07:00pm||Virtual sessions via Join Information Session Here|
Note if you are enrolling after information session dates please contact the section directly to discuss options.
This is a flexible, blended course for 40 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 13 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, online exercises and tasks, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are learners seeking to start or transition into the travel and tourism industry as a career. This includes potential new entrants as well as existing workers seeking to upskill formalise their skills and knowledge.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Individual tutorials and support is available Monday to Friday from 10:00am 3:00pm through our Flexible Learning Hub. These sessions ensure students are on track with their learning and to allow time for support with individual needs.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITTTSL010||Use a computerised reservations or operations system|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITTTSL008||Book supplier products and services|
|SITTTSL012||Construct normal international airfares|
|SITTTSL013||Construct promotional international airfares|
|SITTTSL009||Process travel-related documentation|
|SITTTSL004||Provide advice on Australian destinations|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITTTSL016||Provide specialist advice on cruises|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
250 Blaxland Road, Ryde
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21RYD-041 S:04 Jan 2021 E:04 Jan 2022 D:365