Course Start Date
39 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Hospitality strengthens your hospitality skills and focuses on leadership and customer service. You will be prepared to manage with confidence and step up to a supervisor or team leader role in the fast-paced and exciting world of hospitality.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage people
- Monitor work operations
- Provide advice on food and beverage pairings
- Enhance customer service experiences
- Manage conflict in the workplace
- Contribute to work health and safety procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Leadership and management abilities
- The ability to work independently and show initiative
- Quick problem solving skills
- A focus on people
- A commitment to providing high levels of customer service
- Great communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Responsible Service of Alcohol interim certificate
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Duty manager
- Food and beverage supervisor
- Front office supervisor
- Housekeeping supervisor
- Gaming supervisor
- Shift manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||03.00pm to 4.30pm||Ultimo Campus, Building E, Level 4, Room E4.38|
This is a Full Time Face to Face course. You will need to attend approximately 27 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 13 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Would like to study supervisory level management units along with completing practical classes in Housekeeping, Hotel Reservations, Porter and Front Office units. Please note that as Housekeeping is an essential part of this course it can be strenuous, and the timetable includes training at TAFE Ultimo campus and an allocated hotel. Housekeeping also involves constant pushing, bending, lifting, stretching, and using cleaning chemicals and equipment.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
- You will be studying the Certificate IV in Hospitality (Housekeeping and Hotel Front Office) part-time over two semesters.
- Attendance in the first semester is approximately 15 hours of face-to-face classes over three day's - Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- If you do not have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) card, there will be an additional day to complete RSA.
- If you would like to see the timetable, please attend an Ultimo Hospitality course information session as listed.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 9.00am to 2.00pm, Tuesday & Thursday from 9.00am to 6.00pm, Wednesday from 8.00am to 4.00pm and This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Provide responsible service of alcohol (RSA card $86 - current L&G NSW price as at 22/09/2020)
- $10 name badge
- Optional suggested textbook approx. $80
- Hospitality uniform including black leather shoes to be worn in the restaurant and front office practical classes approx. $100.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITHACS001||Clean premises and equipment|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHACS003||Prepare rooms for guests|
|SITHACS008||Provide accommodation reception services|
|SITHACS002||Provide housekeeping services to guests|
|SITHACS005||Provide porter services|
|SITTTSL010||Use a computerised reservations or operations system|
|SITHIND001||Use hygienic practice for hospitality service|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure