Course Start Date
11 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Hospitality strengthens your hospitality skills and focuses on leadership and customer service. You will be prepared to manage with confidence and step up to a supervisor or team leader role in the fast-paced and exciting world of hospitality.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage people
- Monitor work operations
- Provide advice on food and beverage pairings
- Enhance customer service experiences
- Manage conflict in the workplace
- Contribute to work health and safety procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Leadership and management abilities
- The ability to work independently and show initiative
- Quick problem solving skills
- A focus on people
- A commitment to providing high levels of customer service
- Great communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Responsible Service of Alcohol interim certificate
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Duty manager
- Food and beverage supervisor
- Front office supervisor
- Housekeeping supervisor
- Gaming supervisor
- Shift manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced online course. You must attend approximately 11 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run for 18 months.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are employed as trainees
- require skills and knowledge to work in a supervisory position at various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Teacher support is availlable by phone, email and Skype Monday to Friday
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Australian Traineeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- RSA - $87 (unit SITHFAB002) is charged by Liquor and Gaming NSW.
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate - $30 (units SITXFSA001 and SITXFSA002) is charged by the NSW Food Authority.
These fees need to be paid before we can issue the certificates.
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information.
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITXCOM004||Address protocol requirements|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|SITXMPR005||Participate in cooperative online marketing initiatives|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
TAFE Digital (Traineeship)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-112 S:01 Jul 2022 E:30 Jun 2023 D:364