Course Start Date
21.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management is your management pathway to a career as a manager of a travel agency, tours, incentives, sales, or marketing in the exciting world or travel and tourism. Now is a great time to establish yourself as a leader in this exciting and booming industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Lead and manage a team
- Coordinate tourism duties and promotional activities
- Manage competing priorities, finances and risk
- Produce marketing strategies
- Manage projects
- Analyse tourism data
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead in this career:
- Great communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people
- Patience and attention to detail
- Advanced management skills and an established leadership style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Complete this course and gain:
- A nationally recognised Diploma qualification
- The confidence to work at a strategic level leading a team
- Product manager
- Reservations and sales manager
- Travel agency manager
- Tour operations manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further:
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
You could also undertake this course as part of a dual qualification through TAFE NSW and the University of Canberra:
- Bachelor of Events and Tourism Management
Tourism is one of five super-growth sectors primed to drive new jobs and advance the economy over the next decade. Tourism is a $100 billion industry and accounts for 10% of Australias exports. There is an estimated shortage of 38,000 workers in this sector making now a great time to join the industry or establish yourself in a leadership roles with this course.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 15.6 hours of class, over 3-4 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including class preparation and independent research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This qualification targets individuals who:
wish to change career or re-enter the workforce
are school leavers interested in getting a job within the travel and tourism industry
may be working in the industry
have recently completed a SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism or SIT30216 Certificate III in Travel (or related course)
wish to improve their range of tourism or travel skills
would like to gain managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to coordinate travel or tourism operations.
This qualification may lead graduates into the Tourism and/or Travel industry at an operative or team leader level and may lead graduates into a pathway in Tourism Operations, Travel agencies or into a University pathway.
Students must be able to operate independently, have responsibility for others, and make a range of operational business decisions. Students must also have sound computer literacy skills.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Library services on campus, Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Disability and Counselling Services on campus
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 3.30pm and Friday optional tutorial workshop from 10.00am to 1.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Notebooks, Pens and a USB
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITEEVT002||Process and monitor event registrations|
|SITEEVT003||Coordinate on-site event registrations|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITTTSL004||Provide advice on Australian destinations|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITTTSL008||Book supplier products and services|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Cudgen Road, Kingscliff
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure