Course Start Date
32.9 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Event Management will give you the full spectrum of skills and knowledge you need to succeed as an events coordinator. Learn to confidently coordinate events, grow your interpersonal skills and choose your events specialty with this engaging TAFE NSW course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Respond to event needs and develop production schedules
- Lead and manage people
- Manage event staging, sponsorship and operations
- Manage finances within a budget
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and efficiency
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- Strong pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Conference coordinator
- Event or exhibition planner
- Event sales coordinator
- Festival project coordinator
- Function coordinator
- Staging coordinator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your opportunities with these further study options:
- Advanced Diploma of Events Management
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Tourism
- Diploma of Business
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||10.00am to 12.00pm||Blacktown South Campus, Building B, Level 1, Room B1.11|
|Thursday, 24 June 2021||4.00pm to 4.30pm||http://bit.ly/3v1fmYN|
This is a Full Time Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 32.9 hours of class, 4 days a week, for 18 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 20 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assessment preparation, studying for in class assessments, revision of lessons, homework activities and industry research.
This course is a blended delivery which consists of live streaming via connected learning which is run over 6 (six) months.
TAFE NSW Blacktown will support TAFE students with their learning who may have computer and internet access issues.
Please note: All face to face on campus delivery and assessment will comply with TAFE NSW COVID-19 Safe Guidelines.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who are:
- Job seekers / retraining / existing workers upskilling
- Age ranges from 15 60+ years
- Mix of school leavers and mature age learners with a variety of educational backgrounds
- Many are not used to professional work environment or adult learning environments and the expectations that come with these
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 4.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SITEEVT001||Source and use information on the events industry|
|SITEEVT003||Coordinate on-site event registrations|
|SITEEVT008||Manage event staging components|
|SITEEVT010||Manage on-site event operations|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
|SITEEVT002||Process and monitor event registrations|
|SITEEVT004||Provide event staging support|
|SITEEVT007||Select event venues and sites|
|SITEEVT009||Organise event infrastructure|
|SITTTSL010||Use a computerised reservations or operations system|
|SITXCOM004||Address protocol requirements|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Main Street , Blacktown
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure