Course Start Date
25.8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Event Management will give you the practical skills and knowledge you need to succeed as an events coordinator. Learn to confidently coordinate events, strengthen your interpersonal skills and choose your events specialty with this engaging TAFE NSW course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Analyse and respond to event needs
- Develop production schedules
- Lead and manage people
- Manage event staging, sponsorship and operations
- Manage finances within a budget
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Stand out in the job market by developing a range of key soft skills, including:
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and efficiency
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- Strong pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Conference coordinator
- Event or exhibition planner
- Event sales coordinator
- Festival project coordinator
- Function coordinator
- Staging coordinator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your events expertise to the next level with:
- Advanced Diploma of Events Management
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Tourism
- Diploma of Business (or similar)
Event and conference organisers work in a range of industries all over Australia. According to the Australian Government Job Outlook, the number of conference and event organisers employed in Australia has grown significantly over the last five years from 25,800 in 2014 to 40,300 in 2019.
To register for an information session, head to tafensw.edu.au/infofest. Students who cannot attend the Information Session please make an online enquiry or contact us on 131 601 for more information about the course!
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 19 January 2021||11.00am to 12.00pm||Kingscliff Campus, Caldera Restaurant|
This is a full time course. You will need to attend approximately 18.7 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 1 year. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10.4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including a class preparation and independent research.
Some of your classes will be facilitated using a connected learning mode of delivery whereby a Teacher will lead a virtual classroom accessed by students in different locations. Some class days will change in Semester 2.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Would like to change career, re-enter the workforce or school leavers interested in getting a job within the event management industry.
- May be working in the industry and looking to improve their range of event-related skills and knowledge to prepare for further opportunities or they may be new entrants who are building their skills and knowledge base to industry standards.
- Are able to operate independently or with limited guidance from others and make operational event management decisions.
- Have sound computer literacy skills.
- Would like to develop a broad range of event-related skills and sound knowledge of event management processes to coordinate event operations.
This qualification may lead graduates into a pathway in Event Management including Conferencing or Event Staging and Operations or into a University pathway.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
Library services on campus, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Uniform requirements for all students at Live events include: Black pants or knee length skirt, closed in black leather shoes and a black button up business shirt.
Students undertaking the elective SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol are required to pay an incidental charge of $86 for the RSA Interim Certificate.
Students undertaking these units will be issued with the relevant Liquor and Gaming NSW resource prior to the course commencement. A short pre-course activity will also be provided for students undertaking the RSA SITHFAB002, to be completed prior to the course.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SITEEVT001||Source and use information on the events industry|
|SITEEVT003||Coordinate on-site event registrations|
|SITEEVT008||Manage event staging components|
|SITEEVT010||Manage on-site event operations|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|SITEEVT002||Process and monitor event registrations|
|SITEEVT005||Plan in-house events or functions|
|SITEEVT007||Select event venues and sites|
|SITEEVT009||Organise event infrastructure|
|SITXEBS002||Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITXMPR006||Obtain and manage sponsorship|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Cudgen Road, Kingscliff
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure