Course Start Date
19 Jul 2022
19 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Event Management will give you the full spectrum of skills and knowledge you need to succeed as an events coordinator. Learn to confidently coordinate events, grow your interpersonal skills and choose your events specialty with this engaging TAFE NSW course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Respond to event needs and develop production schedules
- Lead and manage people
- Manage event staging, sponsorship and operations
- Manage finances within a budget
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and efficiency
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- Strong pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Conference coordinator
- Event or exhibition planner
- Event sales coordinator
- Festival project coordinator
- Function coordinator
- Staging coordinator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your opportunities with these further study options:
- Advanced Diploma of Events Management
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Tourism
- Diploma of Business
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a variable combination course. You must attend approximately 19 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 19 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- A TAFE polo will be provided to students.
- Students are expected to wear black trousers / knee length skirt with enclosed black shoes when on campus.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|UOS VSL-SIT50316-22OUR-001||UOS VSL-SIT50316||19 Jul 2022||09 Sep 2022||05 Sep 2022||$1,410.00|
|UOS VSL-SIT50316-22OUR-002||UOS VSL-SIT50316||29 Aug 2022||07 Oct 2022||04 Oct 2022||$1,410.00|
|UOS VSL-SIT50316-22OUR-003||UOS VSL-SIT50316||17 Oct 2022||01 Dec 2022||07 Nov 2022||$1,410.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SITEEVT001||Source and use information on the events industry|
|SITEEVT003||Coordinate on-site event registrations|
|SITEEVT008||Manage event staging components|
|SITEEVT010||Manage on-site event operations|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITEEVT002||Process and monitor event registrations|
|SITEEVT005||Plan in-house events or functions|
|SITEEVT007||Select event venues and sites|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXMPR006||Obtain and manage sponsorship|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure