Course Start Date
23 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Hospitality Management prepares you for management roles, including event and function manager and hotel manager, in the diverse and fast-growth hospitality sector. Learn the essentials of operational and financial hospitality management and refine your people leadership style for results.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Lead hospitality services in real and simulated environments
- Manage and deliver operational plans
- Enhance customer service experiences
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Manage difficult situations and conflict
- Lead a team of professionals
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes needed to get ahead in this industry:
- An ability to build a positive team culture
- Strong communication skills
- The drive to provide outstanding customer service
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Confidence in your leadership approach
- Strong study pathways for career progression
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Bar manager
- Cafe manager
- Restaurant manager
- Licensed club manager
- Hotel manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with advanced study pathways:
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Events and Tourism Management - 279JA (in partnership with University of Canberra)
- Bachelor of Business
Employment in the hospitality industry is expected to increase by 12.1% in the next five years which means an additional 91,000 jobs. The Diploma of Hospitality Management will prepare you for leadership roles in this exciting, growing and global sector.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
are any Year 12 school leaver and people with industry experience seeking further promotion or people who are making a career change into the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
Study locally and work globally. Ryde TAFE campus is Australia?s premier Hospitality School. Our internationally recognised, state of the art facilities can launch your career in one of the world?s most exciting and largest industries. Our courses offer you real life work experience with 100% of our students gaining employment with one of our industry partners before they complete the course. Upon completion of this course you will receive 12 months credit from our Bachelor of our Event Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Secure your place by applying now and you will be contacted by our customer service team. We will be conducting an information evening/campus tour on Wednseday 11th December from 5:30pm to 7:00pm at Ryde Campus, Buidling A, Level 5, Main Reception.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled over 4 days in Semester1 and 3 days in Semester 2 on Monday from 03:00pm to 09:30pm, Tuesday from 12:30pm to 04:30pm, Wednesday from 09:00pm to 04:00pm and Thursday 09:00am to 04:00pm
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
The course includes "Responsible Service of Alcohol" training. This is an additional cost of $85.00
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITHACS003||Prepare rooms for guests|
|SITHACS008||Provide accommodation reception services|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|SITHFAB007||Serve food and beverage|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB014||Provide table service of food and beverage|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB016||Provide advice on food|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
Possible job titles include:
banquet or function manager
chef de cuisine
front office manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
250 Blaxland Road, Ryde
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure