Course Start Date
22 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of senior managers with advanced operational skills who use a broad range of travel or tourism skills, combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry operations, to coordinate travel or tourism operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management and operational decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in many travel and tourism industry sectors and for a diverse range of employers including travel agencies, tour wholesalers, tour operators, inbound tour operators, tourist attractions, visitor information centres, and other tourism businesses.
Possible job titles include:
business development manager
director of groups and incentives
director of marketing
director of product development operations manager
director of sales
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend InfoFest on:
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Time: 10.00am to 5.00pm
Location: TAFE NSW Wollongong, Building V, Level Ground, Twenty Twenty Restaurant and Cafe V
This is a fulltime face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 20 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 1.5 years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 14 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including self-directed reading, research, industry updating, structured work placement and Assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering:
- Reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of tourism or travel skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to coordinate travel or tourism services. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. Many people have supervisory responsibilities and plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.00am to 5.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Further costs in addition to your student fees may be applicable for this qualification. These costs are to provide you with additional resources and/or Incidentals to support your learning:
Futura Text book approx $200.00
Uniform approx $100.00
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITTPPD008||Develop tourism products|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXMPR007||Develop and implement marketing strategies|
|SITXWHS004||Establish and maintain a work health and safety system|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITTTSL004||Provide advice on Australian destinations|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITTTSL008||Book supplier products and services|
|SITTTSL016||Provide specialist advice on cruises|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|SITXHRM006||Monitor staff performance|
|BSBEBU501||Investigate and design e-business solutions|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Foleys Lane, North Wollongong
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure