Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of individuals operating at a senior level who use a wide range of specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of event management processes to conceive, plan and stage events. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business and event management decisions.
Events are diverse in nature and this qualification provides a pathway to work for event or exhibition organisations operating in a range of industries, including the tourism and travel, hospitality, sport, cultural, and community sectors.
The diversity of employers includes event or exhibition management companies, event venues, or organisations that organise their own events. Work could be undertaken in an office environment where the planning of events takes place, on-site at venues where events are staged, or a combination of both.
Possible job titles include:
event or exhibition manager
in-house meetings manager
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a Flexible Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 19 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1.5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 13 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, review of learning and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are career changers and those wanting to upskill.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday 9:00am to 3:30pm, Wednesday 9:00am to 4:30pm and Thursday 9:00am to 3:30pm. Timetable will reflect a combination of face-to-face training and online connected delivery.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
There may be additional minimal transport costs to and from excursions or venues relating to your studies.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SITEEVT011||Research event industry trends and practice|
|SITEEVT013||Determine event feasibility|
|SITEEVT014||Develop and implement event management plans|
|SITXMPR007||Develop and implement marketing strategies|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITEEVT012||Develop event concepts|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS004||Establish and maintain a work health and safety system|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITEEVT008||Manage event staging components|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
|SITXEBS002||Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business|
|SITEEVT010||Manage on-site event operations|
|SITXMPR006||Obtain and manage sponsorship|
|SITEEVT009||Organise event infrastructure|
|SITXMPR008||Prepare and present proposals|
|SITEEVT007||Select event venues and sites|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Corner of Hotham Road & Kingsway, Gymea
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure