Course Start Date
21.7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma of Event Management strengthens your events skills and builds your leadership and strategic capabilities so you can succeed in management roles like conference manager, event director, event producer or venue manager.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Research event trends and determine event feasibility
- Develop and implement event management plans and marketing strategies
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Lead and manage people
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Advanced ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Nurture business relationships and partnerships
- Ability to act decisively on good instincts
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Strong study pathways to continue your training and enhance your career opportunities
- Conference manager
- Event director
- Event producer
- Event or exhibition manager
- Functions manager
- Project manager
- Venue manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your events management expertise to the next level with:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 22 June 2021||12:00pm to 1:00pm||Loftus Campus, Building F, Level 1, Room 16|
|Thursday, 24 June 2021||12:00pm to 1:00pm||Join Information Session Here|
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 21.7 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 3.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 10.3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assessment preparation, revision.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are school leavers, jobseekers, mature-aged workers wanting to upskills or change careers.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
Accessibility and Disability Services
International Student Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am to 4:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
-There may be additional minimal transport costs to and from excursions or venues relating to your studies if applicable.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
|SITEEVT008||Manage event staging components|
|SITEEVT011||Research event industry trends and practice|
|SITEEVT012||Develop event concepts|
|SITEEVT013||Determine event feasibility|
|SITEEVT014||Develop and implement event management plans|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXMPR007||Develop and implement marketing strategies|
|SITXWHS004||Establish and maintain a work health and safety system|
|SITXEBS002||Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business|
|SITEEVT007||Select event venues and sites|
|SITEEVT009||Organise event infrastructure|
|SITEEVT010||Manage on-site event operations|
|SITXMPR006||Obtain and manage sponsorship|
|SITXMPR008||Prepare and present proposals|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Rawson Avenue, Loftus
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure