Course Start Date
19 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management prepares you for roles in hospitality senior management. Strengthen your leadership skills and business capabilities to open your own business or step up into roles like operations manager, club secretary or manager, caf manager or executive chef.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- Progressive leadership and management skills
- Advanced sales techniques and relationship management
- To develop and implement marketing strategies
- To manage finances, assets, budgets
- To prepare and implement business plans
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead in this career:
- Advanced ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Great communication
- Commitment to providing high levels of customer service
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Advanced Diploma
- Strong study pathways to continue your training and enhance your career opportunities
- Area manager or operations manager
- Caf owner or manager
- Club secretary or manager
- Executive chef
- Executive housekeeper
- Executive sous chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Head chef
- Hotel owner or manager
- Rooms division manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career to the next level:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Events and Tourism Management
The hospitality industry is one of the highest employing sectors in Australia, and has been steadily growing by 1.9% each year. A thriving foodie culture, population growth and an increase in consumer demand is driving this growth. Employment is expected to increase by 12.1% or 91,000 jobs, in the five years to 2023.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a full time, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 17 hours of class, over 3 to 4 days a week, for 54 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are any Year 12 school leaver and people with industry experience seeking further promotion or people who are making a career change into the Tourism and Hospitality Industry.
Study locally and work globally. Ryde TAFE campus is Australia?s premier Hospitality School. Our internationally recognised, state of the art facilities can launch your career in one of the world?s most exciting and largest industries. Our courses offer you real life work experience with 100% of our students gaining employment with one of our industry partners before they complete the course. Upon completion of this course you will receive 12 months credit from our Bachelor of our Event Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Secure your place by applying now and you will be contacted by our customer service team.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
The times listed are indicative hours of attendance in Semester 1 of the course. Some class times do change through the semester as part of the flexible delivery methods used. All classes in Semester 2 and 3 will be during the day averaging 6 hours per day from 09:00am. Classes will be scheduled over 3 days in semester 2 and 2 days in semester 3.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday 03:00pm to 09:00pm, Tuesday 12:30pm to 04:30pm, Wednesday 09:00am to 04:30pm and Thursday 09:00am to 05:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- the course includes "Responsible Service of Alcohol" training. This is an additional cost of $86.00
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
|SITXWHS004||Establish and maintain a work health and safety system|
|SITXMPR007||Develop and implement marketing strategies|
|SITXHRM006||Monitor staff performance|
|SITXFIN005||Manage physical assets|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHACS008||Provide accommodation reception services|
|SITHACS003||Prepare rooms for guests|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITHFAB016||Provide advice on food|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB007||Serve food and beverage|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITHFAB014||Provide table service of food and beverage|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
250 Blaxland Road, Ryde
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure