Course Start Date
27 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management prepares you for hospitality senior management roles. Be challenged to think on your feet and find innovative business solutions to enhance customer experiences, all while leading and managing a team.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Manage finances, assets and budgets
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Monitor staff performance and work operations
- Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong skills in collaboration and teamworking
- Advanced communication skills
- A commitment to high quality customer service
- The ability to lead and manage staff
- Strong time management skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Advanced Diploma
- Confidence in your leadership approach
- Strong study pathways for career progression
- A pathway into University
- Area manager or operations manager
- Caf owner or manager
- Club secretary or manager
- Executive chef
- Executive housekeeper
- Executive sous chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Head chef
- Hotel owner or manager
- Rooms division manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career to the next level:
- Bachelor of Business through TAFE NSW Degrees
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||3:00pm to 4:30pm||Ultimo Campus, Building E, Level 4, Room E4.38|
This is a full time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 18 hours of class, over 4-5 days a week, for 54 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 9.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 1.6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including unstructured learning may include private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- wish to study mid-level management units along with practical classes in Bar, Restaurant, Hotel Reservations, Porter and Front Office units.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
You will be studying the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management full-time over three semesters. Attendance is approximately 20 hours of face-to-face classes over an average of four days each week between Monday and Friday. Your actual attendance will depend on the allocation of either a Food & Beverage or Front Office practical class timetable in the first and second semesters. If you don't have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) card, there will be an additional day to complete RSA. If you would like to see the timetable please attend an Ultimo Hospitality course information session.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- Multicultural Support
- LLN support by Literacy
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled for 4-5 days a week. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Provide responsible service of alcohol (RSA card $87 - current L&G NSW price as at 15/03/2021)
- Provide Responsible Conduct of Gaming (RCG $40 card - current L&G NSW price as at 15/03/2021)
- $10 name badge
- Optional suggested text book approx. $80
- Food & Beverage restaurant kit aprox. $40
- Hospitality uniform including black leather shoes to be worn in the restaurant and front office practical classes approx. $100
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|SITXMPR007||Develop and implement marketing strategies|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS004||Establish and maintain a work health and safety system|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|SITXFIN005||Manage physical assets|
|SITXHRM006||Monitor staff performance|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
|SITHACS008||Provide accommodation reception services|
|SITHACS005||Provide porter services|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB014||Provide table service of food and beverage|
|SITTTSL010||Use a computerised reservations or operations system|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXEBS001||Use social media in a business|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure