Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Food Handling will equip you with the fundamental food hygiene practices crucial to any commercial kitchen environment. Use your skills as a kitchen hand in a caf or embark on a study pathway to build your expertise in the hospitality industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Follow and practise correct hygiene procedures
- Identify hazards that may jeopardise the safety of yourself and others
- Understand responsible personal health and hygiene protocol and report any health concerns
- Prevent food contamination by safely using and cleaning equipment
- Maintain the quality of perishable items
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes to help you get ahead:
- A collaborative nature and enjoy teamwork
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway to continue your studies
- Specialist skills that will enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a TAFE NSW hospitality pathway:
- Certificate I in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW courses on offer.
- Entry level cafe hand
- Kitchen hand
- School canteen volunteer
- Sports canteen/barbeque volunteer
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced, online course. You must attend approximately 6 hours of class.
Your enrolment is valid for 12 months, you study in your own time at your own pace.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
This skill set is for food handling personnel working in tourism, hospitality and catering organisations with permanent or temporary kitchen premises, and smaller food preparation or bar areas.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-028 S:01 Jul 2022 E:08 Jun 2023 D:342