Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Food Safety Supervision prepares you for a career in the hospitality industry. Learn to ensure the safety of food prepared, served and sold to customers, and to minimise, remove and report hazards.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as required
- Clean and sanitise equipment, surfaces and utensils
- Report incidents of food contamination resulting from personal health issues
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Attention to detail
- Good comprehension skills
- The ability to follow safety policies and procedures
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A pathway to further study in the hospitality industry
- NSW Food & Safety certificate ($30 at student's cost additional to fees) issued by TAFE NSW
- Credit toward a full qualification
- Specialist skills that will advance your career in the hospitality industry
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a TAFE NSW hospitality pathway:
- Certificate II in Cookery
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field? This Statement of Attainment gives you a strong foundation to succeed in your chosen trade.
Explore your options and discover the full range of TAFE NSW Building and Construction courses on offer.
Graduates who complete a full qualification in the commercial cooking industry go on to roles including:
- Food safety handler
- Kitchen hand
- Kitchen manager
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self-paced online course. You will need to complete approximately 6 hours of online study, each week, for the recommended study period of 5 weeks.
You can increase or decrease the hours of online study per week to suit your own pace.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to upskill or are managing a food handling area in the hospitality industry where food is prepared and served.
Through work, study and life experience, ideally you will have:
- good digital skills e.g. able to research on the Internet,
- the ability to record a handwashing exercise and verbal report using a mobile device
- good time management and organisational skills required to follow your timetable, manage your study schedule and complete the learning resources and assessments in a timely manner.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- on completion you will receive a Food Safety Supervisor Interim Certificate.
- teachers are available to assist you with this course from Monday to Friday.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Your enrolment is valid for 12 months, you study in your own time at your own pace. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your training plan will outline the recommended study timetable.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
This skill set is for food handling personnel or food safety supervisors working in tourism, hospitality and catering organisations with permanent or temporary kitchen premises, and smaller food preparation or bar areas.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-050 S:01 Jul 2022 E:08 Jun 2023 D:342