Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
A set of skills to equip individuals for serving alcohol responsibly.
Pathways Information Achievement of this unit provides credit towards qualifications in tourism, travel, hospitality, events, holiday parks and resorts in the SIT Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
Licensing/Regulatory Information Certification requirements apply at a state and territory level to individuals involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licenced premises. Certification in some States relies on the achievement of SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol.
Responsible service of alcohol (RSA) legislative and knowledge requirements differ across borders. Those developing training to support the RSA unit must consult the relevant state or territory liquor licensing authority to determine any accreditation arrangements for courses, trainers and assessors.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately four hours of online study, each week of your enrolment duration.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately one hour of additional study outside of class hours, including independent study, research, practice and assignments.
- When you complete the course, you will be provided with an Interim Certificate that allows you to work for the first 90 days while you order and receive your Photo Competency Card.
- Take your Interim Certificate with you to a Service NSW Service Centre, as well as 100 points of ID that are all originals.
- Your personal details on your Interim Certificate must match your ID ? any discrepancies can be fixed at Service NSW.
- Your photo will be taken and you should receive your NSW Photo Competency Card in four weeks.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- require RSA as a licencing requirement to work in the hospitality and event industries serving alcohol
- have a RSA competency card which has expired for more than 28 days or,
- want to start a career or,
- are returning to the workplace or,
- are new entrants to the hospitality industry
If you are renewing your Photo Competency Card, this course is not for you. You are required to complete the L&G NSW online refresher course.
Information regarding the refresher course can be found here https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/working-in-the-industry/training-to-work-in-the-industry/competency-cards/nsw-competency-card-renewals
Through work, study and life experience, ideally you will have:
- good digital skills e.g. able to research on the Internet, email and view 3D online video?s and respond to questions
- good time management and organisational skills required to follow your timetable, manage your study schedule and complete the learning resources and assessments in a timely manner.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
Your enrolment is valid for 12 months. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your training plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
This skill set is for personnel involved in the sale, service, and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. It also applies to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for managing the responsible service of alcohol.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure