Course Start Date
29 Nov 2021
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is the mandatory training to sell and serve alcohol in NSW. Successfully complete this short course and receive an interim certificate so you can start working in the industry immediately.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Comply and understand NSW liquor laws and how to sell, serve and supply alcohol responsibly
- Help customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and refuse service
- Design strategies for harm minimisation
- Understand compliance and enforcement
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that help you get ahead:
- Customer-service and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification
- An interim certificate to serve, sell and supply alcohol in a licensed premises in NSW, as well as other states and territories
- Bar staff
- Wait staff
- Hospitality worker
- Winery, brewery and distillery cellar-door staff
GROW YOUR CAREER
Completing this course will provide you with the skills, knowledge and qualification to serve, sell and supply alcohol in a licensed premises in NSW.
This is a part-time day course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 1 day.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are working or would like to work in local hospitality establishments including restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes, coffee shops and supermarket chains where alcohol is sold or served.
Training is held in conjunction with LAG (Liquor and Gaming NSW).
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Library Services
- Learner Support
- Counselling & Career Development Services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, from 9.30am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
You will need to provide a pen and writing materials.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
This skill set is for personnel involved in the sale, service, and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. It also applies to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for managing the responsible service of alcohol.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
154-164 Burnet Street, Ballina
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure