Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is the mandatory training to sell and serve alcohol in NSW. Successfully complete this short course and receive an interim certificate so you can start working in the industry immediately.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Comply and understand NSW liquor laws and how to sell, serve and supply alcohol responsibly
- Help customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and refuse service
- Design strategies for harm minimisation
- Understand compliance and enforcement
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that help you get ahead:
- Customer-service and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification
- An interim certificate to serve, sell and supply alcohol in a licensed premises in NSW, as well as other states and territories
- Bar staff
- Wait staff
- Hospitality worker
- Winery, brewery and distillery cellar-door staff
GROW YOUR CAREER
Completing this course will provide you with the skills, knowledge and qualification to serve, sell and supply alcohol in a licensed premises in NSW.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 6 hours of online study, over the recommended study period of one week.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner. Your enrolment is valid for 12 months; you study in your own time at your own pace.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are involved in the sale, service, and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises
- are a Licensee who is ultimately responsible for managing the responsible service of alcohol
- do not hold an RSA Competency Card or held one that has expired for more than 28 days
If you want to renew your RSA Competency Card visit: https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/news-and-media/rsarcg-competency-card-online-renewal-now-available.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Your enrolment is valid for 12 months; you study in your own time at your own pace. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
This skill set is for personnel involved in the sale, service, and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. It also applies to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for managing the responsible service of alcohol.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-040 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364