Part Time Day
Course Start Date
23 Jun 2021
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is the mandatory training to sell and serve alcohol in NSW. When you successfully complete this short course, you will get an interim certificate of competency, so you can use your qualification the same day.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn:
- How to provide responsible service of alcohol
- NSW liquor laws and selling serving or supplying alcohol responsibly
- About intoxication
- About secondary sales/supply
- How to help customers to drink within appropriate limits
- How to assess alcohol-affected customers and refuse service
- How to perform an identification check
- Strategies for harm minimisation
- Compliance and enforcement
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification
- An interim certificate to serve, sell and supply alcohol in a licensed premises in NSW, as well as other states and territories
- Bar staff
- Wait staff
- Hospitality worker
- Winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff
GROW YOUR CAREER
Completing this course will provide you with the skills, knowledge and qualification to serve, sell and supply alcohol in a licensed premises in NSW.
The food and beverage services sector is one of the highest employing sectors in Australia with employment expected to increase by 12.1% in the next five years. This means there will be an additional 91,000 jobs on offer in this exciting industry.
To register for an information session, head to tafensw.edu.au/infofest. Students who cannot attend the Information Session please make an online enquiry or contact us on 131 601 for more information about the course!
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Part Time Day Face to Face course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 1 week.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- This is a CRICOS registered course - therefore International students are also eligible to enrol into this course.
The RSA course covers a range of topics, including:
- the context of RSA in NSW
- the legislative framework for RSA, and
- preventing intoxication and underage drinking.
Certification requirements apply at a state and territory level to individuals involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licenced premises. Certification in some States relies on the achievement of SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol.
Responsible service of alcohol (RSA) legislative and knowledge requirements differs across borders. Those developing training to support the RSA unit must consult the relevant state or territory liquor licensing authority to determine any accreditation arrangements for courses, trainers and assessors.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
Please arrive by 08:45am to complete required administration tasks to ensure a 09:00am start and concluding approx. 4:00pm. We ask students to arrive 15 minutes before the class start time, as there will be a compulsory lock out.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
- all resources are provided on the day and the cost of this course includes the $86 RSA card fee (current L&G NSW price as at October 2020).
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
This skill set is for personnel involved in the sale, service, and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. It also applies to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for managing the responsible service of alcohol.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure