Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol qualifies you to legally serve drinks in licensed venues across New South Wales. Step up to the bar, use your people skills and find work in the vibrant hospitality industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Step into the world of hospitality, and through theory and practical course work learn to:
- Sell and serve alcohol responsibly
- Assess alcohol affected customers
- Identify when the sale or service of alcohol must be refused
- Use harm minimisation strategies
- Understand liquor laws and compliance
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- The ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Good teamwork skills
- Good communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- The mandatory qualification needed to serve or sell alcohol in licensed venues in NSW
- A pathway to further study in hospitality
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a TAFE NSW hospitality pathway:
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW courses on offer.
- Food and beverage attendant
- Cafe attendant
- Function attendant
- Restaurant manager
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self-paced, online course. You will need to complete approximately 6 hours of online study.
Your enrolment is valid for 12 months; you study in your own time at your own pace.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Your enrolment is valid for 12 months; you study in your own time at your own pace. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
This skill set is for personnel involved in the sale, service, and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. It also applies to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for managing the responsible service of alcohol.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22OTE-100 S:01 Jul 2022 E:08 Jun 2023 D:342