Offering Info - TAFE NSW
Course Start Date
31 Jul 2019
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification (or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it) is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
The volume of learning of a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is typically six months to two years.
Achievement of this qualification by trainers is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- Classes weekly - 6.00pm - 9.00pm each Wednesday.
- Weekly three-hour Webinar sessions x 36 weeks. Webinars are not conducted over term breaks and will be recorded for ease of use.
- Moodle access to all resources.
- Suggested study time outside of workshops and webinars is around 8-10 hours per week if you do not have any pre-existing experience in the training & assessment sector. Term breaks are not included in this study timeframe. These hours include Moodle and unsupervised research.
- You are required to note down your assessment due dates in your calendar or diary to ensure you work towards your deadlines. To apply for an extension for any unit assessment, please contact your facilitator.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience your fee may decrease from the maximum shown.
Payment by instalment may also be available. Your fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
Who is eligible?
Unqualified VET practitioners (trainers and assessors) seeking to obtain this qualification can enrol in the full qualification under Smart and Skilled Targeted Priorities Full Qualification Program and be granted recognition of prior learning (RPL). This includes individuals who:
- Only hold the Assessor Skill Set but not the full qualification and are seeking to also become a qualified trainer
- Have a trainer and assessor qualification that does not meet the minimum qualification requirement under the standards that apply from 31 May 2019, e.g. TAA40104.
|TAEASS401||Plan assessment activities and processes|
|TAEASS403||Participate in assessment validation|
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools|
|TAEDEL401||Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning|
|TAEDEL402||Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace|
|TAEDES401||Design and develop learning programs|
|TAEDES402||Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs|
|TAELLN411||Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills|
|TAEDEL301||Provide work skill instruction|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Orange College, March Street Campus
109 March Street, Orange
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure