Course Start Date
10 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
Put your industry expertise to work and get qualified as a professional trainer when you study the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Learn the skills behind course design, develop the flair for engaging delivery and get set to skill the workforce of the future.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Design and develop learning programs
- Identify student needs and tailor training delivery
- Plan assessment activities and processes
- Assess competence
- Organise and facilitate learning in your workplace to share your industry expertise
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Comfortable working with others and reporting to a manager or supervisor
- Comfortable presenting to small and large groups
- Adaptable to change and challenges
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited trainer qualification at Certificate IV level - the minimum requirement to teach and assess vocational education and training (VET) in Australia
- Enterprise trainer or assessor
- RTO trainer or assessor
- Workplace trainer or assessor
- Learning product developer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Vocational Training and Education
- Diploma of Training Design and Development
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time combination course. You must attend approximately 10 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5-10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 36 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with evening classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|TAEASS401||Plan assessment activities and processes|
|TAEASS403||Participate in assessment validation|
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools|
|TAEDEL401||Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning|
|TAEDEL402||Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace|
|TAEDES401||Design and develop learning programs|
|TAEDES402||Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs|
|TAELLN411||Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills|
|TAEDEL301||Provide work skill instruction|
Trainer, Enterprise Trainer and Assessor, Learning Product Developer, Assessor (Training), Enterprise Trainer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure