Course Start Date
16 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Training Design and Development allows you to advance your career as a trainer and assessor. Move into leadership roles by advancing your skills in training needs, and design assessment tools and learning resources for registered training organisations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
Through theoretical and practical course work learn to:
- Design learning strategies
- Develop e-learning resources
- Develop assessment tools
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that help you get ahead:
Develop the attributes to get ahead in this industry:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence presenting to small and large groups
- Adaptability for change and challenges
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
Our graduates to move into job roles like:
- Training designer/developer
- Lead workplace trainer and assessor
- Instructional designer
- E-learning designer
- RTO Manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Adult Education
- Graduate Diploma of Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy Practice
During 2021, construction of the new Meadowbank Education & Employment Precinct will be undertaken at TAFE NSW Meadowbank. There may be some disruption to students during that time, including noise, dust, vibration and changes to campus parking. TAFE NSW is focussed on minimising any disruption to students, where practicable. Contact us on 131601 for any questions.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
Classes are scheduled for three hours per week on Thursdays between 6:00pm amd 9:00pm. There is also 1:1 coaching scheduled. In addition you are expected to complete an additional 12-14 hours of structured and unstructured learning consisting of activities directed by your facilitator and personal research and reading. Please note that timetables are subject to change.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Join Information Session Here|
This is a part time evening blended course. You will need to attend approximately 3 hours of class, over 1 evening a week, for 34 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 13 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including Private study, practice, independent inquiry on unit content.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have completed the TAE40116 or TAE40110 and have 3-5 years experience working in training roles within the VET sector. It is important that you have access to a computer with reliable internet connection and have the skills to be able to use basic features of the Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint. In addition you should have effective communication skills to express your ideas both in writing and verbally as well as an ability to set and achieve work goals.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Thursday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm There is also 1:1 coaching scheduled. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|TAEDES501||Design and develop learning strategies|
|TAEDES502||Design and develop learning resources|
|TAEDES505||Evaluate a training program|
|TAETAS501||Undertake organisational training needs analysis|
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools|
|TAEASS501||Provide advanced assessment practice|
|TAEASS503||Lead assessment validation processes|
|TAEDEL502||Provide advanced facilitation practice|
|TAELLN411||Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills|
|TAEPDD501||Maintain and enhance professional practice|
Training Designer, RTO Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure