Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training - SLPET - landing
Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training - SLPET
To assist with the transition to work in Australia, AMEP students may be eligible to take part in the Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training (SLPET) program.
The SLPET program provides 200 additional hours so you can:
- improve your English language skills for employment;
- obtain assistance with work preparation skills, including creating your resume and developing your interviewing skills;
- complete a number of nationally accredited vocational units;
- put your learning into practice in the 40 hours of work placement; and
- develop your understanding of employer expectations and the Australian workplace culture.
SLPET is for AMEP students who:
- can commit to a full time SLPET program;
- are ready to work or undertake further study;
- are willing to attend a 40-hour work placement;
- have at least one AMEP hour remaining;
- have completed 75% of their AMEP entitlement OR close to attaining functional English; and
- have attended AMEP in the last 12 months.
Costs and funding
SLPET, a sub program of the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is fully funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training for eligible students.
If you have under school-aged children, free childcare can be organised for the duration of your SLPET program by Gowrie NSW.
If you would like to know more, or have questions about SLPET, please contact us:
- phone: 02 9942 0933
- email: email@example.com