Career planning services
TAFE NSW offers an extensive range of study options and exciting career pathways. It is important to carefully evaluate options to match your skills and interests to your career goals.
1. List your skills and interests
Ask yourself these questions and make a list:
- What am I good at?
- What interests me?
- What's important in my career (eg. money, meaningful work)?
- What skills do I need to get where I want to go?
- Is there anything else to consider (eg. time restraints)?
2. Consider your career options
Consider a range of occupations based on your interests and abilities by:
- Talking to friends and family
- Talking to employers and people who work in jobs that interest you
- Talking to a TAFE NSW Counsellor
- Checking job websites that may assist you
3. Evaluate which courses meet your goals
- Talk to a TAFE NSW Counsellor
- Read about industry areas and related courses
- Search for a TAFE NSW course
- Contact your local Institute
4. Take action
After deciding on the courses that meet your interests and career goals:
- Check course entry and other requirements
- Get support with your enrolment