Counselling & Career Advice
We offer free counselling and one-to-one advice about course planning, study skills, personal support and careers guidance to current and future students.
Talk to us about careers and study
We offer free counselling about education and careers to current and future students.
Our counsellors can help you:
- Clarify your career goals
- Find a course that meets your needs
- Identify obstacles you may be facing – and advise you about tackling them
Even if you aren't going to enrol in a course, we still offer career and education counselling for a fee at some campuses.
Once you've enrolled, our counsellors can support you through your studies with a wide variety of advice, including help with:
- Course planning and study pathways
- Educational difficulties
- Study skills
- Career development
We'll help you with personal matters, too
Our counsellors can also help you with personal matters such as:
- Anxiety and depression
- Drug and alcohol problems
- Referral for financial assistance (e.g. Centrelink)
- Referral to other services (e.g. employment, legal, medical, accommodation, and financial services)
How to seek advice
Career advice and other counselling services are usually provided in one-to-one sessions at our campuses.
Some campuses arrange course information sessions and other group programs to assist students with career choice, study skills, exam techniques and stress management. Some campuses offer both day and evening services, or have bilingual counsellors who can assist you in your own language.
You can often just drop in and talk to someone – or you can phone to arrange an appointment.