TAFE NSW has a state-wide library network that provides resources, computers, journals and the latest information to support your study. You can also get research and study help from trained librarians.
State-wide library access
As a TAFE NSW student, you have access to a vast range of information resources and services through a network of more than 100 libraries.
When you enrol with TAFE NSW you receive a TAFEcard (student identity and campus services card) so you can borrow across the entire TAFE NSW library network. This also gives you access to:
- Books, magazines, DVDs and other resource materials
- eResources, including eBooks and eJournals
- Lists of recommended websites and resources for TAFE NSW studies
- Computers with selected software packages used in TAFE NSW courses
- The internet for study and assignments
- Reference services and interlibrary loans
- Training sessions on information literacy and internet skills
- Individual and group study facilities
- Photocopying and printing services
- Library services across Australia via the National Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme
Library staff support all TAFE NSW campuses and learning facilities, including remote services to those without a library facility. Our staff can help you locate resources and access library facilities, information services, and a range of online support services.
TAFEcat online catalogue
You can access the TAFE NSW online library catalogue (TAFEcat) via the internet and from campus libraries. It will help you:
- Find resources across the TAFE NSW library network
- Access your library record and loan details
- See when your books are due to be returned
- See when a reserved item is ready to be collected
- Directly access eResources