Student services - Skillmax and EFE
Skillmax and English for Employment (EFE)
Helping skilled migrants access employment opportunities
Skillmax assists skilled migrants with overseas qualifications to seek employment in their area of professional expertise. The programme is is free to eligible participants, and is designed to provide participants with a greater understanding of the current labour market, as well as the skills to acquire strategies to access employment opportunities in Australia.
Skillmax is an intensive fast-track course, consisting of 15 hours of classroom tuition per week, delivered over five weeks. English for Employment is a slower-paced course delivered over ten weeks, for 15 hours per week classroom tuition. Courses will be offered at a number of TAFE campuses across Sydney starting from February to June 2018. Please contact us to discuss your preferred location.
Both courses also include an additional four hour workshop, and students are also expected to complete 12 hours of self-directed learning activities each week.
Aiming to prepare skilled overseas professionals to seamlessly enter the Australian workforce, the course content covers essential areas such as:
- Australian workplace culture and labour-market conditions;
- career planning, skills analysis and goal setting;
- job seeking skills and self-promote techniques;
- application letter and résumé writing advice, for private and public sector positions; and
- interviewing and networking techniques.
In addition to becoming comprehensively prepared to enter the Australian job market, participants will receive two Statement of Attainment for two units from the Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English - Employment (10366NAT):
- Writing skills for jobseeking documents (SWEWSJ404A); and
- Speaking skills for jobseeking (SWESSJ405A).
To participate in this free of charge programme, candidates must:
- be from a non-English speaking background;
- be an Australian or NZ citizen or permanent resident*;
- have an overseas qualification;
- be seeking employment in their field of expertise; and
- have a minimum IELTS^ score of 6.5 or equivalent gained in the last two years (Skillmax); or
- have a minimum IELTS^ score of 5.5 or equivalent gained in the last two years (English for Employment).
*The Bridging visa E (BVE), as well as humanitarian visas and some other temporary visas are also eligible.
^If you do not have IELTS, your equivalence will be assessed by a qualified teacher.
Please send the following documentation to us and we will contact you to discuss course location and start dates:
- Visa grant letter
- Your qualifications (with English translations)
- IELTS Test Report Form (TRF or equivalent)
If you would like further information, or would like to apply, please contact us on:
- Skillmax: email@example.com