Trade Pathways - Banner - 2022
Trade Pathways - Intro
Trade Pathways Program
Trade up your tradie experience.
If you’ve got at least 2 years’ trade experience, but don’t have that piece of paper that says you’re qualified. Now you can trade up your tradie skills and get a fee-free* qualification worth thousands with the TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Program.
Simply take a skills assessment and you could be eligible to have your tradie skills and previous work experience recognised to fast-track you through your fee-free*, nationally recognised trade qualification to change the course of your life.
All you need to do is:
- Complete a self-paced online skills assessment.
- Provide evidence of your skills and experience.
- Complete fee-free* gap training. (if required)
- Receive your qualification.
Hurry! Applications close 22 August 2022.
* Eligibility criteria applies.
Training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
TAFE NSW is currently offering Trade Pathways for the following qualifications:
Trade Pathways - Qualifications
Trade Pathways - Eligibility
- You need to be over 21 years old
- Have a minimum 2 years of work experience in the trade that you will be undertaking training in
- Be currently working in the industry associated with the qualification being undertaken, or have worked in the industry within the last five years
- Not be a registered apprentice or trainee
- Live or work in NSW
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
Note: The program is not a recognition process for overseas qualifications.
Trade Pathways - Skills - 2022
Good job prospects
There's hight demand for skilled trade workers. With federal and state governments increasing funding for major infrastructureprojects, trades workers can expect the industry to boom. So you'll have great job prospects and stability.
Need for skilled workers
The NSW Government aims to increase the number of skilled trades workers as there is a real skills shortage in the specific trade industries listed under 'Qualifications'. So there's never been a better time to get skilled up!
Learn skills you can use anywhere
Be trained in skills that are transferable across Australia. So no matter where you live, employment prospects are excellent.
Trade Pathways - Questions - 2022
Trade Pathways - FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
The program is not intended to be used to undertake a recognition process for an overseas qualification. If a student meets the current Trade Pathways Program eligibility criteria, including a minimum of two years’ employment in the trade, and evidence of a minimum 12 months’ employment in the trade in Australia, they may meet the eligibility.
No. Anyone who has completed a trade related qualification previously and would like to ‘renew’ an old qualification does not qualify under this program. The Trade Pathways Program is for unqualified trades workers with experience on the job, who want the opportunity to gain a qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning and fee-free gap training.