Degrees - Students and Graduates - Content

For students

Recognition of prior learning

Students who have completed other studies in a related field or who have extensive relevant industry experience may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects. All applications for exemption must be made to the course coordinator and must include supporting documentation. Students should attend class until they are formally advised that their application for exemption has been granted.


TAFE NSW Higher Education has policies and procedures relating to assessment, academic conduct, progression, exclusion, graduation, tuition fees and student grievances.


The forms below are governed by TAFE NSW Higher Education policies and procedures. It is always advisable to talk to your course coordinator if you are thinking of withdrawing or before changing your study pattern.

  • Academic Integrity Appeal Form - This form should be used by students to submit an appeal against a decision of substantiated academic misconduct.
  • Application for fees refund or FEE-HELP recredit - Ask your Course Coordinator for the form if you wish to apply for a refund or recredit of your fees under special circumstances provisions.
  • Application to review a decision not to refund fees / recredit FEE-HELP balance - Ask your Course Coordinator for the form if your application for a refund of fees was unsuccessful and you wish to request a review of the decision.
  • Assessment Cover Sheet - This form should be used by students as a cover sheet when submitting assessments.
  • Deferment form - Use this form if you wish to defer commencement of your studies.
  • Professional practitioner form – Ask your medical practitioner to complete this form if you have missed an assessment or examination due to medical reasons. Your medical practitioner should complete this instead of a medical certificate.
  • Student Request for Assessment Extension or Special Consideration Form - Use this form if you wish to apply for an extension to submit an assessment or to apply for special consideration regarding an assessment task.
  • Student Request for Assessment Review Form - Use this form if you wish to request a review of the marks awarded for an assessment or the results awarded for a subject.
  • Transfer & co-enrolment form – Use this form if you wish to transfer to another campus or co-enrol at a second campus.
  • Withdrawal / interruption form – Use this form if you wish to withdraw from a subject or the whole course, or if you wish to take a break from your studies.

Replacement testamur

If your higher education testamur is lost, damaged or stolen, you can request a replacement testamur. You need to do this by visiting Customer Services Section at the TAFE NSW location where you completed your studies, to complete an Application for Replacement Testamur form and paying the relevant replacement fee.

Verification of qualifications

If you wish to have a qualification that has been completed at TAFE NSW verified, please email your request to

In your email you must state the learner’s name, the name of the qualification, the TAFE campus the learner studied at, and the reason for your request.

Contact us

If you have an enquiry regarding a TAFE NSW degree course you have completed or are currently enrolled in you should contact the course coordinator at the campus you studied at. For all other enquiries, you can email: