Scholarships - NSW Health Scholarship - Banner
NSW Health Scholarship - Intro
Open Doors to a New Life with NSW Rural & Regional Mental Health Scholarships
The aim of the NSW Rural and Regional Mental Health Scholarship is to encourage existing NSW Health staff to consider the opportunities available in the area of mental health, in roles such as community rehabilitation, community support and mental health intake.
There are 40 scholarships to eligible applicants who want to pursue their education at TAFE NSW and are currently working in regional and remote Local Health Districts (LHDs) across NSW, either in a clinical or non-clinical role.
Each awarded scholarship has a total value of up to $3,000 to be used against applicable course fees and/or any other expenses the students may incur to complete the course. For example, travel costs, technology, Personal Protective Equipment or textbooks. The scholarship amount is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 21 October 2022
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- you must be eligible to enrol as a TAFE NSW student in the Certificate IV in Mental Health and meet all the applicable TAFE NSW enrolment requirements.
- you must be currently employed by NSW Health and working in the districts to which NSW health staff are eligible to apply, e.g. only rural and regional health staff across NSW in either a clinical or non-clinical role, for example, NSW Health staff working in administration or youth health roles.
- you must meet NSW Smart & Skilled eligibility criteria; specifically, applicants must be aged 15 years or older, live or work in New South Wales, have left school and are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
- you must submit an up to 100-word explanation as to why undertaking this course and accessing the scholarship will meet your own career objectives.
- unless otherwise approved by TAFE NSW, you must commence the course in the week commencing Monday 7 November 2022. You cannot defer your course commencement date.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form via the Apply Now by the closing date, being 5pm (AEST), Friday 21 October (or any later closing date subsequently published by TAFE NSW). If your application is received after the closing date, is incomplete or does not meet the requirements set out in the Scholarship terms and conditions, it will not be considered.
- Once you have completed your Application, TAFE NSW will contact you via email requesting you to provide additional supporting documents. You must provide all these documents by due date, or your application will be withdrawn.
- By submitting your Scholarship Application Form, you accept the Scholarship terms and conditions and are taken to have read them.
- TAFE NSW will convene a Panel to assess all valid Applications. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and based on your responses in your application, the supporting documentation provided and the Scholarship eligibility requirements. The Panel will, in its sole discretion, determine the award of the Scholarship (if any). The decision of the Panel will be final.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome, with successful applicants notified within 2 weeks of the closing date.