Scholarships - NSW Health Scholarship - Banner
NSW Health Scholarship - Intro
OPEN DOORS TO A NEW LIFE WITH NSW RURAL & REGIONAL MENTAL HEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS
The aim of the NSW Rural and Regional Mental Health Scholarship is to encourage existing staff within Human Services in regional and remote areas across NSW to consider the opportunities available in the area of mental health, in roles such as community rehabilitation, community support and mental health intake.
There are 29 scholarships available for eligible applicants who want to pursue their education at TAFE NSW and are currently working or have experienced volunteering within Human Services in regional and remote areas across NSW, either in a clinical or non-clinical role.
Each awarded scholarship has a total value of up to $3,000 to be used against related study expenses, living expenses and/or any other expenses the students may incur to complete the course eg; Leave Without Pay (LWOP), travel costs, Technology expenses etc.
Successful Scholarship applicants will be sent an enrolment link to enrol in Certificate IV in Mental Health CHC43315 between 17th July and 4th August 2023.
Closing date: 11:59pm, Sunday 30 July 2023
To be eligible to apply for the NSW Rural & Regional Mental Health scholarship, you must meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be enrolled in the Certificate IV in Mental Health CHC43315 and meet all the applicable TAFE NSW enrolment requirements.
- You must be currently employed within Human Services and working in regional and remote areas across NSW in either a clinical or non-clinical role, for example, staff working in Administration, Aged Care or Youth health roles etc.
- You must meet NSW Smart & Skilled eligibility criteria; specifically, applicants must be aged 15 years or older, live or work in New South Wales, have left school and are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
- Unless otherwise approved by TAFE NSW, you must commence the course in the week commencing 17th July 2023. You cannot defer your course commencement date.
- Complete all parts of this application form. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form by clicking on the Apply Now link and submit your application via Award Force by the closing date 11:59pm, Sunday 16 July 2023 (or any later closing date subsequently published by TAFE NSW). If your application is received after the closing date, is incomplete or does not meet the requirements set out in the Scholarship terms and conditions, it will not be considered. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Once you have completed and submitted your scholarship application, TAFE NSW may contact you via email requesting you to provide additional supporting documents. You must provide all these documents by due date, or your application will be withdrawn.
- By submitting your Scholarship Application Form, you accept the Scholarship terms and conditions and are taken to have read them.
- TAFE NSW will convene a Panel to assess all valid Applications. Applications will be assessed on a merit basis and based on your responses in your application, the supporting documentation provided and the Scholarship eligibility requirements. The Panel will, in its sole discretion, determine the award of the Scholarship (if any). The decision of the Panel will be final.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome, with successful applicants notified within 2 weeks of the closing date.