Women in Finance and Economics Scholarships - Banner
Women in Finance and Economics Scholarships - Introduction
Women in Finance and Economics Scholarships
The aim of the Women in Finance and Economics Scholarship Program is to encourage educationally or financially disadvantaged women to attain qualifications in financial planning, accounting, business, finance and economics, or to renew, upskill or refresh their existing skills.
There are limited scholarships available to eligible applicants who want to pursue their education at TAFE NSW in Australia. Each awarded scholarship has a total value of up to $13,200, which will be applied as credits against your course tuition fees. The Scholarship amount is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 29 July 2022
To be eligible for the Scholarship you must meet all of the following requirements.
- You must be a new female student who is enrolled, or intending to enrol (and subsequently does) in one of the following courses at the TAFE NSW Ultimo, Granville, St George and Meadowbank campuses:
- Certificate IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping (Course number FNS40217)
- Certificate IV in Financial Services (Course number FNS41820)
- Diploma of Applied Commerce (Course number 20515)
- Diploma of Business (Course number HE20512)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning (HE20530)
- Bachelor of Applied Commerce (Course numbers 20531, 20532, 20535)
- Bachelor of Business (Course number HE20514)
- You must not currently be studying an economics or finance course (including any of the above courses).
- You must demonstrate one of the following social, educational or financial disadvantage or need, such as through:
- being unemployed and seeking to re-enter the workforce;
- experiencing low socio-economic status;
- being a mature age student aged 50 or over, or a young person aged 16 to 34;
- living in a rural or remote area of Australia;
- being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- being a new migrant.
You must also be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and meet all of the applicable TAFE NSW enrolment requirements. Unless otherwise approved by TAFE NSW, you must commence your approved VET or Higher Education course in Semester 2, 2022.
Any Scholarship awarded is on the basis that you enrol in a specified course and maintain an active enrolment status. Your Scholarship may be terminated if your enrolment status changes (e.g. you withdraw from your course). If you are awarded the Scholarship, any other TAFE NSW scholarship, grant or bursary that you currently hold will be rescinded.
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 29 July 2022.
About the Financial Planning Association of Australia
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is the primary membership organisation for financial planning practitioners who want to master the practice of financial planning, and who are committed to shaping the future of the profession.
As part of this continued commitment to excellence and with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women, FPA wish to provide meaningful equity opportunities for students in pursuing finance and economics education.