Barker Maritime Scholarship - TAFE NSW
Scholarship - Barker Maritime - Banner
Scholarships - Barker Maritime - Content
Barker Maritime Scholarship
The Barker Maritime Scholarship was established in 2008 by the late Don Barker and the Barker family.
This scholarship is intended to encourage people employed in the maritime industry to further their education at TAFE NSW and participate in professional development that will help to advance their career in the industry.
There is (1) scholarship available valued at $10,000.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 4 September 2019
"It's the next stepping stone needed to further my career to become a Master Mariner Unlimited which is the pinnacle qualification in the Merchant Navy to becoming an Unlimited Captain,"
— Nik Payne
The Barker Maritime Scholarship is presented to an employee associated with the Maritime Industry to further their education at TAFE NSW and to participate in related professional development.
The applicant must:
- be committed to achieving their career goals
- demonstrate an aptitude for the industry
- seek the support of their employer before applying for this scholarship, and their employer must supply a supporting statement for the applicant
- have the intention of completing a course of study that would assist in advancing their career in the Maritime industry e.g. a traditional maritime course, business, accounting or WHS course
- be a resident of the Hunter Region or Central Coast local government area
Please note that the applicant cannot hold another scholarship for the same course.