Scholarship - Barker Maritime - Banner
Scholarships - Barker Maritime - Content
Barker Maritime Scholarship
The Barker Maritime Scholarship was established in 2008 by the late Don Barker and the Barker family.
This scholarship is intended to encourage people employed in the maritime industry to further their education at TAFE NSW and participate in professional development that will help to advance their career in the industry.
There is (1) scholarship available valued at $10,000.
"The scholarship was the next stepping stone needed to further my career. I would encourage anyone in the industry who is eligible to apply for the Barker Maritime Scholarship. Take the time to apply, write down your goals of where you want to be in five years’ time and formulate your cover letter based around that. Be realistic, but aim high,"
— Nik Payne, 2018 Barker Maritime Scholarship Recipient
Closing date: 5 pm Wednesday 16 September 2020
The applicant must:
- be an employee of an organisation that utilises the Port of Newcastle, and committed to achieving their career goals
- demonstrate an aptitude for the industry
- seek the support of their employer before applying for this scholarship, and their employer must supply a supporting statement for the applicant
- have the intention of completing a course of study at TAFE NSW that will assist in advancing their career in the Maritime industry e.g. a traditional maritime course, business, accounting or WHS course
- be a resident of the Hunter Region or Central Coast local government areas.
Please note that the applicant cannot hold another scholarship for the same course.
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm Wednesday 16 September 2020.